Posted by Melody Fury, March 5, 2012
At Lucy’s Fried Chicken in Austin, Texas, local Republic Tequila Reposado is used in this Bee’s Knees variation.
Recipe from Rachael Davis of Lucy’s Fried Chicken in Austin, Texas.
serves makes 1 cocktail, active time 5 minutes, total time 5 minutes
· For honey syrup:
· 1 ounce honey
· 1/2 ounce hot water
· For the cocktail:
· 1 jalapeno slice, about 1/2 inch thick
· 1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila
· 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
· 3/4 ounce honey syrup
· Garnish: jalapeno slice and lemon twist
1. Stir honey and hot water together to make honey syrup.
2. Muddle jalapeno in the shaker gently. Add tequila, lemon juice, and honey syrup. Fill shaker with ice and shake for 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish. Serve straight up.
© Serious Eats
Clipped on 22-June-2012, 6:18 PM from Bee Sting | Serious Eats : Recipes
Created with Microsoft OneNote 2010